Stewardship: Sowing Seeds for 2021
2020 has been a challenging year, but your generosity and the commitments you made in 2019 have helped Westminster serve our congregation and our community. Your pledge for 2021 will help support the life and work of the church and all who benefit from it. During this year’s campaign, we are asking you to consider two things when preparing to make a pledge:
1) using our online giving platform for an easy, regular way to fulfill your pledge;
2) looking at your budget and family needs, that you might find a place for a small increase in your giving to the church.
During our annual stewardship campaign, we call upon the members of the Westminster congregation to pledge a portion of their financial resources so that we may efficiently and responsibly plan and budget for the church’s needs, both current and future. You can make a pledge by clicking on the button below; by returning the pledge card you received in the mail; or by contacting Director of Finance & Administration Lavinia Davis-Laux. Your pledge is confidential.
Consider using our online giving platform to set up automatic, regular payments or to process your payments manually. Donations may be made by credit card, debit card or through your bank account. If you are already using online giving to fulfill your 2020 pledge, you will need to set up or adjust your payments for 2021.
Our ministry has extended our church’s reach during this difficult time. We are connecting with people in ways we never have before, and it is so important to remain strong as a congregation until that day we can once again be together in person.Rev. Larry Hayward, Pastor
Stewardship is the expression of our congregation’s values and priorities, coupled with our commitment to joining God’s action in the world. God calls us to be responsible stewards of our time, talents and financial resources, all of which are critical to the worship, education, mission and fellowship at Westminster. These pledges enable Westminster to continue as the welcoming, nurturing and spiritual church home that it has become by
- Attracting a talented and dedicated staff that is committed to the special needs of our congregation’s children, young adults, singles, families and seniors.
- Supporting Westminster’s numerous mission projects that make such a positive impact on our local community, our nation and around the globe.
- Providing for the delivery of beautiful music programs during worship and other special services.
- Contributing to the invaluable Christian education programs and wonderful facilities that are used by the congregation and local community.
The stewardship campaign is intended to raise enough pledges to fund our annual operating budget. Through our Planned Giving Program, the Westminster Foundation is intended to complement the operating budget by providing the church with funding to meet additional long-term needs.